Pages

Monday 20 September 2010

Kent - 3 Lifers

Willow Emerald Damselfly - Lestes viridis
Willow Emerald Damselfly - Lestes viridis

This morning I had a look for the White Stork at Houghton though a three-hour search, both north and south of the Houghton Bridge was to no avail as I had to be in Kent at 10.30am. Only for it to turn up at 11.00am somewhere near Houghton Bridge! Grrrrr!

Once I had finished in Kent I nipped up to Oare Marshes and had good, though distant views of the White-rumped Sandpiper although I did have a big row with a few blokes who were trying to argue the case that a Little Stint was the piper....Doh! I then headed straight down to Grove Ferry and got my second lifer of the day in the form of another distant wader....Wilson's Phalarope. Whilst at Grove Ferry I overheard two gents talking about a 'secret' Willow Emerald Damselfly site and managed to earwig rough directions! Result...13+ Willow Emeralds along a tiny ditch, also saw 2 Water Voles. Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment