Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

Gull Rings at Southwater Country Park

Finally managed to read the two Black-headed Gulls with rings at Southwater Country Park today which have been around all week. I was very pleased with the results. The first bird I found with a single metal ring on its right leg was from Germany and was a 1st winter bird. Chuffed with an international recovery I couldn't believe my eyes when I then found a second bird sporting another ring! The second was even more interesting being from Norway and in adult plumage! This bird had a single metal ring on its left leg. I look forward to finding out more information about the two birds from their respective ringing schemes. So what with these two individuals and Nick Bond's Med Gull...what will turn up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment